"City of Lost Souls" by Cassandra Clare

Hi there ♥

Continuing on my series of reviewing The Mortal Instruments. Even though I love re-reading them I'm also so excited to get into some new book but because of my exams I do not have much time to read the moment [insert big sigh here]. Anyway, let's get on with talking about "City of Lost Souls".



The Facts:
Pages: 535
Published in: May 8th 2012



My Opinion:

First off: It's my least favorite out of all the six books. I just don't like the plot in this one because it frustrates me. I somehow get why it was done this way but I didn't find it enjoyable to read and it made me want Sebastian to turn good since I started to like him. And then that was, of course, shattered again.
Apart from that there are lots of things I did enjoy, simply because I love all of these characters. It was lovely to see them grow some more and there were so many hilarious scenes, which is one of my favorite things about Cassandra Clare's books: she has great humor!
I basically live for the interaction between the characters, especially the three main couples (Sizzy, Malec, Clace). They share so many amazing moments and that's the best thing about all of Clare's books: the characters feel so real, so human and you're dying to become their best friend.

Somehow this book felt like a fill-in to get to the epic end that is 'City of Heavenly Fire' so we'll leave it at that. :)

Based on all of that, I give it a solid 7 out of 10 hearts because I still loved it ( aka. Clary, Simon, Jace, Izzy, Magnus, Alec....)


- xoxo Lisa

Kommentare